It is well-documented that around 0.00470757486 kg active nitrogen should be treated into per square meter soils to nourish the farms and gardens. Meanwhile do you know that each bolt of lightning in a thunderstorm converts about 7 kg of nitrogen into active nitrates? For sure human beings cannot rely on lightning to ease hunger but we can expect a solar powered lightning-mimic technique—the plasma, where a flow of gaseous N2 and O2 are electrically excited causing them to react to produce mainly NO in an arc reactor. This is not scientific fiction but is being reduced to practice by a company named VitalFluid. See full story at Advanced Science News.
- A natural way of turning off the carbon dioxide tap, California style
- DIY Eco-Friendly Fertilizer
- Congratulations to Pavani, Geoff, Wei, and co-authors on their publication in Science Advances!
- Congratulations to Joel and co-authors on their publication in Nature Communications!
- Congratulations to Truong and co-authors on their publication in Nano Letters!
Header Courtesy of Digital Westex