Optimizing the kinetic barriers of ammonia synthesis to reduce the energy intensity has attracted significant research interest; however, discovering a means by which the activation barriers of N2 dissociation and NHz destabilization can be reduced simultaneously has proven challenging. In this work, Mao and co-authors demonstrate a hybrid catalyst, featuring a Fe nanocrystal necklace integrated with hydrogen-laden titanium oxide nanoparticles with cascade oxygen vacancies, that enables facile activation of N2 and hydrogenation of the N or NHz to NH3.
See full article at Journal of the American Chemical Society.
- Congratulations to Joel and co-authors on their publication in Nature Communications!
- Congratulations to Truong and co-authors on their publication in Nano Letters!
- Congratulations to Alex Tavasoli and coauthors on their publication in EES!
- CO2 photocatalysis sees the light of day
- Congratulations Dr. Mireille Ghoussoub and Professor Geoffrey Ozin, The Story of CO2 has been named in The Hill Times’ List of 100 Best Books in 2020!
Header Courtesy of Digital Westex